The XOMNI Release Engineering Team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the final release of XOMNI Cloud Platform V3, a major milestone. We are sure you’ll enjoy the many improvements. We’ve done our best to bring the latest technology to our platform while still maintaining the stability, performance and security that you’ve come to expect.
Here are some of the advanced features and improvements we would like to highlight:
- Twitter Integration : When we first released our Facebook integration specifically crafted for retailers, our partner ecosystem fell in love with it. Engaging social scenarios + simplicity + innovative analytics makes adding social to your application a no-brainier. Now, we are extending the functionality to Twitter as well!
- Inventory Support : Today our partners implement inventory logic on our platform thanks to the flexibility of our APIs. Now, we have much more! As part of v3 we have build-in inventory support with extended functionality designed to enhance the customer experience. A powerful inventory API will make contextual scenarios where inventory data is required much more effective.
- UI Analytics : In our V2 API we released the back-end analytics integrated with loyalty data. With v3, we have UI analytics as well. Interactive agencies can now easily implement flexible scenarios to track much more including simple A/B testing. Is your pilot hitting your success metrics? You’ll now know. Combine this data with Audience Measurement and gain even greater insights.
- Public API SDK for .NET : Starting from V3 of our APIs you can build in-store experiences on top of our Public API SDK for .NET and not worry about straight API implementation at all. This has been one of the popular requests we received from our partners and very happy to ship it!
- Meaningful Open Sourcing: This is huge! Our hope is to open source EVERYTHING that takes a dependency on our APIs. Samples, Reference Applications and even our CMS! As of v3, we have all of our SDKs open sourced on GitHub! This means you can grab the source code, discover the inner workings and contribute. Make it your way! We will have much more to announce in time.
- NuGet Packages : Our developer experience team wanted to make it easier for you to start building your next back-end integration or the next amazing client experience you are envisioning. Now you can simply use our NuGet packages without worrying about API minor updates or SDK updates at all. This will streamline the update rollouts directly to your developers desktop. A dream come true for many of our partners and certainly and dream to use!
For the geeks within us, here are some technical insights about what we did in V3 for better performance;
- Azure Search : Search is a critical part of XOMNI. We were extremely happy to be invited to participate to a very early adoption program for Azure Search and work with Microsoft’s Azure Search Development Team. It’s not a coincidence that we have released our V3 APIs at the same time Microsoft released their Azure Search product and made it available globally just now! See Microsoft Blog for their announcement with a quote from our CTO, Daron Yöndem.
- Azure DocumentDB : We worked very closely with the Microsoft Azure team on their first document type NOSQL product. We got our hands on the program while they were building it and were able to provide very early feedback to make sure DocDB and XOMNI are a success together. We migrated our back-end analytics infrastructure to DocumentDB and built the all new client analytics on top of it. Check out the the interview our CTO, Daron Yöndem gave to InformationWeek about DocumentDB!
I hope you find our resources on our developer portal to be useful, and thanks very much for all of our early adoption partners for their support on our journey.